High Priority MeasureNo
Percentage of all patients with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease [PD] who were assessed* for cognitive impairment or dysfunction in the past 12 months
This measure is to be submitted a minimum of once per performance period for patients with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease seen during the performance period. This measure may be submitted by eligible clinicians who perform the quality actions described in the measure based on the services provided and the measure-specific denominator coding.
The listed denominator criteria is used to identify the intended patient population. The numerator options included in this specification are used to submit the quality actions allowed by the measure. The quality-data codes listed do not need to be submitted for registry submissions; however, these codes may be submitted for those registries that utilize claims data.
All patients regardless of age with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease
Denominator Criteria (Eligible Cases):
All Patients regardless of age on date of encounter
Diagnosis for Parkinson’s disease (ICD-10-CM): G20
Patient encounter during the performance period (CPT): 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205, 99211, 99212, 99213, 99214, 99215, 99221, 99222, 99223, 99231, 99232, 99233,99238, 99239, 99251, 99252, 99253, 99254, 99255, 99304, 99305, 99306, 99307, 99308, 99309, 99310
Telehealth Modifier: GQ, GT, 95, POS 02
All patients with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease who were assessed* for cognitive impairment or dysfunction in the past 12 months.
* Assessed is defined as use of a screening tool or referral to neuropsychologist for testing. Screening tools approved for use in this measure include: (1)
- Mini-Mental Status Examination (MMSE)(2,3)
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA)(2,3)
- Dementia Rating Scale (DRS-2)
- Parkinson’s Disease Dementia – Short Screen (PDD-SS)
- Parkinson Neuropsychiatric Dementia Assessment (PANDA)
- Parkinson’s Disease- Cognitive Rating Scale (PD-CRS)
- Scales for Outcomes of Parkinson’s Disease – Cognition (SCOPA- Cog)
NUMERATOR NOTE: To meet performance, the cognitive impairment or dysfunction assessment should occur within the previous 12 months from denominator eligible encounter.
Performance Met: Cognitive impairment or dysfunction assessed (3720F)
Performance Not Met: Cognitive impairment or dysfunction was not assessed, reason not otherwise specified (3720F with 8P)