Expanded Practice Access
• Provide 24/7 access to MIPS eligible clinicians, groups, or care teams for advice about urgent and emergent care (e.g., MIPS eligible clinician and care team access to medical record, cross-coverage with access to medical record, or protocol-driven nurse line with access to medical record) that could include one or more of the following:
• Expanded hours in evenings and weekends with access to the patient medical record (e.g., coordinate with small practices to provide alternate hour office visits and urgent care);
• Use of alternatives to increase access to care team by MIPS eligible clinicians and groups, such as e-visits, phone visits, group visits, home visits and alternate locations (e.g., senior centers and assisted living centers); and/or Provision of same-day or next-day access to a consistent MIPS eligible clinician, group or care team when needed for urgent care or transition management.
Functionality of 24/7 or expanded practice hours with access to medical records or ability to increase access through alternative access methods or same-day or next-day visits
1) Patient Record from EHR - A patient record from a certified EHR with date and timestamp indicating services provided outside of normal business hours for that clinician; or
2) Patient Encounter/Medical Record/Claim - Patient encounter/medical record claims indicating patient was seen or services provided outside of normal business hours for that clinician including use of alternative visits; or
3) Same or Next Day Patient Encounter/Medical Record/Claim - Patient encounter/medical record claims indicating patient was seen same-day or next-day to a consistent clinician for urgent or transitional care