The following providers are exempt from MIPS:
- Newly enrolled in Medicare (exempt until the following performance year)
- Clinicians meeting a low-volume threshold ($90,000 or less in billed Medicare Part B allowed charges or provide care for 200 or fewer Medicare Part-B enrolled patients in one year)
- Clinicians significantly participating in "alternative payment models" (APMs)
- Note: MIPS non-eligible clinicians would be permitted to voluntarily report under MIPS in 2022, but will not be subject to the MIPS payment adjustment.
- To check if you need to submit 2022 MIPS data, please visit the CMS MIPS Participation Status website.