MIPS Feedback Reports Available in Summer 2019
If you submitted data through the MIPS MDinteractive registry, you can review your preliminary performance feedback data at the Quality Payment Program website.
CMS is still processing your 2018 MIPS data. Your final score and feedback will be available Summer 2019. Between now and summer your feedback and scores could change at the performance category level or measure level based on the availability of new or updated information, such as:
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality Category
- Updates to claims quality measures
- Calculation of cost measures
- CAHPS from MIPS Survey data
- Hardship Application status
- Participation in CMS study for full credit in the Improvement Activities performance category
- Any benchmark updates for Quality measures that have met minimum threshold criteria
Your final performance feedback will include your final MIPS score and payment adjustment information.
Once the final reports are made available, MIPS eligible clinicians or groups (along with their designated support staff) will be able to request a targeted review of their 2020 MIPS payment adjustment factor(s).
What is a Targeted Review?
A targeted review is a process where MIPS eligible clinicians or groups can request that CMS review the calculation of their 2019 MIPS payment adjustment factor and, as applicable, their additional MIPS payment adjustment factor for exceptional performance.
How Do I Request a Targeted Review?
Why Would a Clinician Request a Targeted Review?
The following are examples of circumstances under which a MIPS eligible clinician or group may wish to request a targeted review:
- A MIPS eligible clinician or group has supporting documentation indicating that certain errors were made, such as eligibility being wrongly assigned to the MIPS eligible clinician or group (e.g. the MIPS eligible clinician or group fell below the low-volume threshold and should not have received a payment adjustment).
- A MIPS eligible clinician has supporting documentation indicating that they should qualify for automatic reweighting of performance categories due to the 2018 policy for extreme and uncontrollable circumstances.
- A MIPS eligible clinician has supporting documentation indicating that they were erroneously excluded from the APM participation list and should have been scored under the APM scoring standard.
- Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of circumstances. CMS encourages all MIPS participants to submit a request if, after reviewing final performance feedback, they can provide supporting documentation that a targeted review of their MIPS payment adjustment factor (or additional MIPS payment adjustment factor) is warranted.
When Can I Request Targeted Review?
Requests for a targeted review can be submitted immediately following the release of the 2020 MIPS payment adjustment factor, and if applicable, the additional MIPS payment adjustment factor. CMS anticipates that final performance feedback, including these payment adjustment factors, will be available in July 2019.
Requests can be submitted until October 1, 2019 at 8:00pm (EDT) but CMS strongly encourages everyone to submit a request as soon as possible. This will help to ensure payment adjustments are applied correctly from the start of the payment year.
Allow MDinteractive to access and review your MIPS performance feedback and payment adjustment information?
To allow MDinteractive to review your MIPS reports and send you feedback, please login to your MDinteractive account and click on the QPP Performance Feedback button: