What you need to know now:
- Beginning with the 2021 reporting year, ACO’s will be required to report quality data via the APP, and can choose to actively report either the 10 measures under the CMS Web Interface or the 3 eCQM/MIPS CQM measures as follows:
- #1 Diabetes: Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Poor Control
- #134 Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Depression and Follow-up Plan
- #236 Controlling High Blood Pressure
- ACOs will be able to choose a submission method, to report the 3 eCQM’s, that best meets their specific needs (e.g., direct, login and upload or a third-party intermediary). This means ACOs could choose a CMS Qualified Registry like MDinteractive to report quality data to CMS on their behalf.
- ACOs will receive a score of between 3 to 10 points for each measure that meets data completeness and case minimum requirements, which would be determined by comparing measure performance to established benchmarks.
- In addition, ACOs (who choose to report the 3 eCQMs) will be required to field the CAHPS for MIPS Survey, and CMS will calculate 2 measures using administrative claims data. Based on the ACO’s chosen reporting option, either 6 or 10 measures will be included in the calculation of the ACO’s MIPS Quality performance category score.
- The CMS Web Interface will sunset after the 2021 performance year and ACOs must report the 3 eCQMs/MIPS CQMs via registry or EHR. For the 2022 performance year and subsequent performance years, ACOs will be required to actively report quality data on the 3 eCQM/MIPS CQM measures via the APP. In addition, ACOs will be required to field the CAHPS for MIPS Survey, and CMS will calculate 2 measures using administrative claims data. All 6 measures will be included in the calculation of the ACO’s MIPS Quality performance category score.
How MDinteractive can help:
- Assistance with compliance: MDinteractive can help ACOs comply with the data reporting requirements while supporting your ability to make informed decisions on how best to improve quality of care for Medicare patients within your organizations.
- One stop reporting for required Quality CQM’s: Measures 1, 134 and 236 can be reported via MDinteractive.
- Flexible data input: MDinteractive can accept various types of quality data files and also provides software “tools” that can be used to build quality reports.
- Flexible submission choices: MDinteractive can accommodate data at the ACO level, by participating TIN, or at the individual clinician level.
- Monitoring performance: MDinteractive software allows you to plan, track and optimize your quality data reporting and performance through an interactive dashboard. You will have the ability to monitor your performance at the ACO, TIN and clinician level throughout the year and make necessary quality improvements within your organization to maximize your incentive payments.
- Responsiveness to changes within your organization: MDinteractive has extensive experience aggregating quality data from multiple EHRs before submission to CMS.
- Hands-on customer support at all stages in the reporting process: At MDinteractive, our seasoned team will help you navigate through the reporting process from beginning to end and offer advice on how to maximize your reimbursement and avoid sharing losses.
- All inclusive pricing: $199 per clinician per year
If you are participating in the program, contact us today to discuss how we can help you meet the annual Quality reporting requirements. We offer flexible data collection options to make tracking and reporting this measures a simple process for you and your practice.
Check out this blog for more on this.