Manage medications to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and safety that could include one or more of the following:
- Reconcile and coordinate medications and provide medication management across transitions of care settings and eligible clinicians or groups;
- Integrate a pharmacist into the care team; and/or
- Conduct periodic, structured medication reviews.
Inclusion of medication management practice improvements
1) Documented Medication Reviews or Reconciliation - Patient medical records demonstrating periodic structured medication reviews or reconciliation; or
2) Integrated Pharmacist - Evidence of pharmacist integrated into care team; or
3) Reconciliation Across Transitions - Reconciliation and coordination of mediations across transitions of care; or
4) Medication Management Improvement Plan - Report detailing medication management practice improvement plan and outcomes, if available.
Examples of Additional Activities that Qualify for Attestation
Completing these alternate activities can fulfill the requirements of this Improvement Activity; and Notes
Sub-IA-1: Implement "AHRQ Create a Safe Medicine List Together" strategy.