- Quality - 70% of total score: Report 6 measures, including one Outcome or one high priority measure for 12 months. To earn 1 or 3 points on a measure report at least one eligible case. To earn more than 3 points on a measure report at least 60 percent of eligible cases. Suggestions for your specialty include but are not limited to the following:ID:249NQF:1854eMeasure ID:High Priority:No
#249: Barrett's Esophagus
Percentage of esophageal biopsy reports that document the presence of Barrett’s mucosa that also include a statement about dysplasiaMeasure Type
ID:250NQF:1853eMeasure ID:High Priority:No
#250: Radical Prostatectomy Pathology Reporting
Percentage of radical prostatectomy pathology reports that include the pT category, the pN category, the Gleason score and a statement about margin statusMeasure Type
ID:395NQF:eMeasure ID:High Priority:Yes
#395: Lung Cancer Reporting (Biopsy/Cytology Specimens)
Pathology reports based on biopsy and/or cytology specimens with a diagnosis of primary non-small cell lung cancer classified into specific histologic type or classified as NSCLC-NOS with an explanation included in the pathology reportMeasure Type
ID:396NQF:eMeasure ID:High Priority:Yes
#396: Lung Cancer Reporting (Resection Specimens)
Pathology reports based on resection specimens with a diagnosis of primary lung carcinoma that include the pT category, pN category and for non-small cell lung cancer, histologic typeMeasure Type
ID:397NQF:eMeasure ID:High Priority:Yes
#397: Melanoma Reporting
Pathology reports for primary malignant cutaneous melanoma that include the pT category and a statement on thickness, ulceration and mitotic rateMeasure Type
- *These measures make up the Pathology Specialty Measures Set
- IA: Improvement Activities - 15% of total score: Attest that you completed up to 2 high-weighted activities or 4 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. Groups with 15 or fewer participants or if you are in a rural or health professional shortage area, attest that you completed 1 high-weighted or 2 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. There are over 90 possible measures to choose from. The following are suggestions only:
- IA_CC_1 - Implementation of Use of Specialist Reports Back to Referring Clinician or Group to Close Referral Loop (medium weighted).
- IA_CC_2 - Implementation of improvements that contribute to more timely communication of test results (medium weighted).
- IA_CC_8 - Implementation of documentation improvements for practice/process improvements (medium weighted).
- IA_CC_13 - Practice Improvements for Bilateral Exchange of Patient Information (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_18 - Measurement and Improvement at the Practice and Panel Level (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_19 - Implementation of formal quality improvement methods, practice changes, or other practice improvement processes (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_20 - Leadership engagement in regular guidance and demonstrated commitment for implementing practice improvement changes (medium weighted).
- Participate in a QCDR
- IA_PSPA_1 - Participate in an Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)-listed patient safety organization (medium weighted).
- Participate in population management research
- Participate in other quality improvement activities, such as American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Multi-Specialty Portfolio Program or Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV accredited programs