Beginning with the 2023 Performance Period
Report 4 quality measures (one must be an outcome or a high priority measure):
- #047: Advance Care Plan (Medicare Part B Claims Measure Specifications, MIPS CQMs Specifications)(!)
- #187: Stroke and Stroke Rehabilitation: Thrombolytic therapy (MIPS CQMs Specifications)
- #236: Controlling High Blood Pressure (Medicare Part B Claims Measure Specifications, eCQM Specifications, MIPS CQMs Specifications)(!!)
- #326: Atrial Fibrillation and Atrial Flutter: Chronic ticoagulation Therapy (MIPS CQMs Specifications)
- #344: Rate of Carotid Artery Stenting (CAS) for symptomatic Patients, Without Major Complications (Discharged to Home by Post-Operative Day #2) (MIPS CQMs Specifications)(!!)
- #409: Clinical Outcome Post Endovascular Stroke treatment (MIPS CQMs Specifications)(!!)
- #413: Door to Puncture Time for Endovascular Stroke Treatment (MIPS CQMs Specifications)(!!)
- #438: Statin Therapy for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease (eCQM Specifications, MIPS CQMs Specifications)
- #441: Ischemic Vascular Disease (IVD) All or None Outcome Measure (Optimal Control) MIPS CQMs Specifications (!!)
Report Two medium-weighted improvement activities or One high- weighted improvement activity:
- IA_BE_1: Use of certified EHR to capture patient reported outcomes (Medium)
- IA_BE_4: Engagement of patients through implementation of improvements in patient portal (Medium)
- IA_BE_24: Financial Navigation Program (Medium)
- IA_CC_2: Implementation of improvements that contribute to more timely communication oftest results (Medium)
- IA_CC_13: Practice improvements for bilateral exchange of patient information (Medium)
- IA_ CC_ 17: Patient Navigator Program (High)
- IA_PCMH: Implementation of Patient-Centered Medical Home model
- IA_PM_13: Chronic care and preventative care management for empaneled patients (Medium)
- IA_PM_15: Implementation of episodic care management practice improvements (Medium)
Calculated by CMS using administrative claims data:
- Intracranial Hemorrhage or Cerebral Infarction
Population Health Measures
Select one population health measure to be scored by CMS using administrative claims data:
- #479: Hospital-Wide, 30-Day, All-Cause Unplanned Readmission (HWR) Rate for the Merit-Based Incentive Payment Program (MIPS) Groups (Administrative Claims)(!!)
- #484: Clinician and Clinician Group Risk-standardized Hospital Admission Rates for Patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions (Administrative Claims) (!!)
Report on the same PI measures required under traditional MIPS unless qualified for automatic reweighting or approved hardship exception:
- Prevention of Information Blocking
- Query of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (POMP) (Optional)
- Provide Patients Electronic Access to Their Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops By Sending Health Information AND
- Support Electronic Referral Loops By Receiving and Reconciling Health Information OR
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Bi-Directional Exchange
- Enabling Exchange Under the Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement (TEFCA)
- Immunization Registry Reporting
- Syndromic Surveillance Reporting
- Electronic Case Reporting
- Public Health Registry Reporting
- Clinical Data Registry Reporting
- Security Risk Analysis
- Safety Assurance Factors for EHR Resilience Guide (SAFER Guide)
- ONC Direct Review
- Quality measures that are considered high priority are identified with an exclamation point (!)
- Outcome measures are identified with a double exclamation point (!!)
- MVP Participants must register between April 1 – November 30, 2023 to report an MVP in 2023.
- To register, MVP Participants must select:
- The MVP they intend to report.
- 1 population health measure included in the MVP.
- Any outcomes-based administrative claims measures on which the MVP Participant intends to be scored (if available).
- If reporting as a subgroup, registration must also include:
- A list of Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TINs)/National Provider Identifiers (NPIs) in the subgroup;
- A plain language name for the subgroup (which will be used for public reporting);
- A description of the composition of the subgroup, which may be selected from a list or described in a narrative.
- MVP Participants won’t be able to:
- Submit/make changes to the MVP they select after the close of the registration period (November 30, 2023).
- Report on an MVP they didn’t register for during the 2023 performance year.
- Report on more than one MVP.
- The 2023 MVP Registration Form can be found at this link.