- Quality - 40% of total score: Report 6 measures, including one Outcome or other High Priority measure for 12 months on at least 70% of eligible encounters to possibly earn more than 3 points on a measure. Note: Small practices (less than 16 in the practice) can earn 3 points on a measure if at least 1 eligible case is reported. Suggestions for your specialty include, but are not limited to, the following:ID:378NQF:eMeasure ID:CMS75v9High Priority:Yes
2021 MIPS Measure #378: Children Who Have Dental Decay or Cavities
Percentage of children, age 0-20 years, who have had tooth decay or cavities during the measurement periodMeasure Type
ID:379NQF:eMeasure ID:CMS74v10High Priority:No
2021 MIPS Measure #379: Primary Caries Prevention Intervention as Offered by Primary Care Providers, including Dentists
Percentage of children, age 0-20 years, who received a fluoride varnish application during the measurement periodMeasure Type
- PI: Promoting Interoperability - 25% of total score: For a minimum of 90 days, report all required measures. EHR technology certified to the 2015 Edition certification must be in place by October 3, 2021. There are exclusions available for most of the required measures. Please check your QPP Participation Status to see if you are automatically exempt from PI. If you are exempt, the 25% will be re-weighted to the Quality performance category making it 65% of your score.
- Query of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) (optional)
- Provide Patients Electronic Access to Their Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Sending Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Receiving and Incorporating Health Information
- Immunization Registry Reporting
- Syndromic Surveillance Reporting
- Electronic Case Reporting
- Public Health Registry Reporting
- Clinical Data Registry Reporting
- IA: Improvement Activities - 15% of total score: Attest that you completed up to 2 high-weighted activities or 4 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. Groups with 15 or fewer participants or if you are in a rural or health professional shortage area, attest that you completed 1 high-weighted or 2 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. A group can attest to an activity when at least 50% of the clinicians in the group perform the same activity during any continuous 90-day period (or as specified in the activity description) in the same performance year. There are over 100 possible activities to choose from. The following are suggestions only:
- IA_AHE_6 - Provide Education Opportunities for New Clinicians (high weighted).
- IA_BE_6 -Collection and follow-up on patient experience and satisfaction data on beneficiary engagement (high weighted).
- IA_CC_2 - Implementation of improvements that contribute to more timely communication of test results (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_16 -Use of decision support and standardized treatment protocols (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_17 -Implementation of analytic capabilities to manage total cost of care for practice population (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_19 - Implementation of formal quality improvement methods, practice changes, or other practice improvement processes (medium weighted).