Quality - 30% of total score: Report 6 measures, including one Outcome or other High Priority measure for 12 months on at least 70% of eligible encounters to receive a score against 2022 National Benchmarks. Suggestions for your specialty include, but are not limited to, the following:
2022 MIPS Measure #378: Children Who Have Dental Decay or Cavities
Percentage of children, 6 months - 20 years of age at the start of the measurement period, who have had tooth decay or cavities during the measurement period
2022 MIPS Measure #379: Primary Caries Prevention Intervention as Offered by Primary Care Providers, including Dentists
Percentage of children, 6 months - 20 years of age, who received a fluoride varnish application during the measurement period
- PI: Promoting Interoperability - 25% of total score: For a minimum of 90 days, report all required measures. EHR technology certified to the 2015 Edition certification must be in place by October 3, 2022. There are exclusions available for most of the required measures. Please check your QPP Participation Status to see if you are automatically exempt from PI. If you are exempt, the 25% will be re-weighted to the Quality performance category making it 55% of your score.
- Query of Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) (optional)
- Provide Patients Electronic Access to Their Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Sending Health Information
- Support Electronic Referral Loops by Receiving and Reconciling Health Information
- Immunization Registry Reporting
- Syndromic Surveillance Reporting
- Electronic Case Reporting
- Public Health Registry Reporting
- Clinical Data Registry Reporting
- IA: Improvement Activities - 15% of total score: Attest that you completed up to 2 high-weighted activities or 4 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. Groups with 15 or fewer participants or if you are in a rural or health professional shortage area, attest that you completed 1 high-weighted or 2 medium-weighted activities for a minimum of 90 days. A group can attest to an activity when at least 50% of the clinicians in the group perform the same activity during any continuous 90-day period (or as specified in the activity description) in the same performance year. The following are suggestions that might be applicable to your specialty:
- IA_AHE_6 -Provide Education Opportunities for New Clinicians (high weighted).
- IA_BE_6 -Regularly Assess Patient Experience of Care and Follow Up on Findings (high weighted).
- IA_CC_2 - Implementation of improvements that contribute to more timely communication of test results (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_16 -Use of decision support and standardized treatment protocols (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_17 -Implementation of analytic capabilities to manage total cost of care for practice population (medium weighted).
- IA_PSPA_19 - Implementation of formal quality improvement methods, practice changes or other practice improvement processes (medium weighted).
- Full list of Improvement Activities