Rheumatologists have 2 registry options for reporting PQRS:
- Measures groups - it is easier for a provider to report 2016 PQRS with measures groups because a provider only needs to report 20 patients.
- 9 PQRS measures across 3 domains or if less than 9 measures, a rheumatologist will need to pass the MAV. Some examples of possible rheumatology measures:
Additionally at least one cross-cutting measure must be satisfactorily reported for those individual providers or group practices with face-to-face encounters.
- #39 Screening or Therapy for Osteoporosis for Women Aged 65 Years and Older (NQS domain: Effective Clinical Care)
- #41 Osteoporosis: Pharmacologic Therapy for Men and Women Aged 50 Years and Older (NQS domain: Effective Clinical Care
- #109 Osteoarthritis (OA): Function and Pain Assessment (NQS domain: Person and Caregiver-Centered Experience and Outcomes)
- #130 Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record (NQS Domain: Patient Safety) Cross Cutting measure
- #178 Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): Functional Status Assessment (NQS domain: Effective Clinical Care)