|November 1, 2019|
CMS releases the Final Rule for the 2020 MIPS performance year.
- A summary of the new MIPS reporting requirements for 2020 can be found here.
- Key changes include increasing the MIPS performance threshold to 45 MIPS points (up from 30 MIPS points in 2019) and increasing the penalty for not reporting MIPS to -9% (up from -7% in 2019).
Initial MIPS eligibility for 2020 is available.
|January 1, 2020|
The 2020 MIPS performance year begins.
- The 2020 MIPS performance year runs from January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
- MDinteractive customers can begin entering 2020 MIPS data/uploading files into their MDinteractive accounts.
|March 31, 2020|
The first snapshot for Qualifying Participant (QP) determinations and MIPS Alternative Payment Model (APM) participation is available.
- QP determinations are available approximately 4 months after each snapshot. Clinicians can check the CMS Participation Status Tool for updates to their APM status.
|April 1, 2020||Registration begins for CMS Web Interface and Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS Survey.|
The CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP) Exception Applications window opens.
- MIPS eligible clinicians and groups can apply for the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Hardship Exception or the MIPS Program Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception between Spring 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- Exceptions to meeting the MIPS program requirements will be available to those who meet certain criteria established by CMS.
|June 30, 2020 ||Registration ends for CMS Web Interface and CAHPS for MIPS Survey and the second snapshot for QP determinations and MIPS APM participation is available.|
|August 31, 2020|
The third snapshot for QP determinations and MIPS APM participation is available.
|October 3, 2020|
Last day to start a 90-day performance period for the MIPS Promoting Interoperability (PI) and Improvement Activities categories.
2020 MIPS eligibility is finalized.
- CMS updates the QPP Participation Status Tool throughout the performance year, but finalizes your MIPS eligibility in December.
- You can check your MIPS eligibility status directly from your MDinteractive account dashboard.
|December 31, 2020|
The MIPS 2020 performance year ends and the QPP Exception Applications window closes.
- Applications for the PI Hardship Exception and the MIPS Program Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances Exception must be submitted.
The fourth snapshot for full TIN APMs (Medicare Shared Savings Program) is available.
|January 4, 2021|
CMS submission window opens for the 2020 performance year.
- MDinteractive can begin submitting MIPS data to CMS for customers who have completed their reporting.
|February 28, 2021|
MDinteractive 2020 MIPS submission deadline.
- We ask that you enter your Quality data (or upload your Quality files) and complete your PI and IA attestations by this data to ensure our support staff has sufficient time to review your data and help optimize your MIPS score.
|March 31, 2021|
CMS submission window closes for the 2020 performance year. The fourth snapshot for full TIN APMs (Medicare Shared Savings Program) is available.
|July 1, 2021|
CMS performance feedback for 2020 is available.
CMS targeted review opens.
- Once your payment adjustment information is available, CMS will allow clinicians and groups to request a targeted review if they believe an error was made with their 2020 performance feedback or MIPS payment adjustment factors.
|August 31, 2021|
CMS targeted review closes.
- CMS has noted that targeted review requests must be submitted by the targeted review deadline and decisions are final.
|January 1, 2022|
Performance year 2020 payment adjustments go into effect.